Writing down things you love or that make you happy is one of the first steps to self-discovery. We tend to always think about things we hate or don’t want, and it can overshadow the positive things we have. Writing this list allowed me to show gratitude. Next time I’m in a rut, I can look to this list and find something to pull me out of it. Here is part 1 of the 99 things that make me happy.
1. My family. Immediate and extended relatives.
2. Taking my mom out, seeing her smile makes me happy.
3. Friends, no matter how often I see them it’s never enough.
4. Creating jewelry, this is my passion.
5. Art, I love seeing what inspires others.
6. New York City, my second home.
7. Ethnic food, I love it more than American food.
8. Reading, it’s been my past time since I was a little girl.
9. Wine/Craft beer, preferably white wine and an ale.
10. Sunshine, gives me energy.
11. Skirts, they are so comfy.
12. Head wraps, they make up for a bad hair day.
13. Outdoors, city life, I don’t think I would make it in the country.
14. Warm weather, I despise cold weather even though I live in Ohio and love NYC!
15. Writing, gives me balance.
16. Planners, my favorite is the Passion Planner.
17. Journals, my tea stained journal is the best.
18. Traveling, the cure to boredom.
19. Airplane, being in the clouds calms me.
20. Inspiring others, impacting others positively is my goal.
21. Laughter, and making others laugh.
23. Alone time, I have to rejuvenate, it’s the introvert in me.
24. Festivals, especially on a sunny day.
25. Hot showers, in the winter time or summer time.
26. Having conversations with children, preferably age 5 and under, they are entertaining.
27. Podcast, Black Girl in Om, Myleik Teele, Jess Lively to name a few.
28. Music, 80’s-90’s R&B, ne0-soul/soul, underground.
29. Sleeping in….no alarm clock, please.
30. Looking at old photos…for nostalgia’s sake
31. Any shade of pink…
32. Road trips, so much to see.
33. Yard sales, bargains are the best.
34. Popcorn…from Target preferably.
35. Frida Kahlo….artistic genius.
36. African diaspora…
37. Natural hair, embracing my own and seeing the many textures.
39. Ballet…theatre and classes.
40. Entrepreneurship…people who have their own.
42. NetFlix…UnBreakable Kimmy Schmidt, documentaries and originals.
43. Magazines, fashion mainly.
44. Hobby Lobby, I want to buy everything in the store.
45. Social media, guilty pleasure.
46. Fresh flowers, they brighten my day.
47. Travel Noire..is so inspiring.
48. Crown Heights, Brooklyn…being surrounded by people who look like me.
Stay tuned for part 2!
I hope you join in on the fun, what are some things you love?